An enchanting Georgian Manor House
An enchanting Georgian Manor House set over-looking the town of Wimborne Minster, awaits you as the perfect setting for a civil ceremony, wedding reception, conference, corporate event or private party.
Merley House is a beautiful building of architectural and historical importance and lends itself as your ideal wedding venue or conference venue. The house is comprised of five state rooms and a smaller meeting/board room:
- The Dining Parlour – Situated in the North-West corner of the building, decorated in blue tones with a captivating ceiling incorporating a depiction of Bacchus receiving a cup of wine from Ceres. Capacity: 18 people (board room) 40 people (cinema style) 36 people (cabaret)
- The Drawing Room – Decorated predominantly in green with white cornicing and detailed in gold, boasts an impressive chimney piece in white and green marble. The ceiling has a large central oval depicting “The Judgement of Paris”. Capacity: 18 people (board room) 40 people (cinema style) 36 people (cabaret).
- The Old Library – With a southerly outlook, this is the largest of the rooms for hire. It is decorated in grey and features plasterwork clouds and sunbursts within an arabesque and garlanded boarder. Capacity: 28 people (board room) 100 people (cinema style) 60 people (cabaret).
- The Morning Room – Accessed by double doors from The Old Library this room houses a fully stocked bar and a Berstein grand piano. French doors lead to the south east corner of the house and a delightful enclosed patio area.
- The Old Nursery – Located on the first floor featuring three full length windows and a panoramic view of Wimborne Minster. Capacity: 8 people (board room).
We believe everyone is unique and so is every event and celebration. We are more than happy to tailor our packages to your individual requirements. With excellent facilities and a wealth of experienced and friendly staff Merley House has a lot of offer.